Does it ever feel like you can't quite make every teacher happy in your coaching? Do you find yourself taking things too personally?
Have you ever wondered why you connect with some teachers, but not others? Do you feel comfortable with some teachers, but not others?
Do you wish there was a way to wave a magic wand and feel confident and competent in your coaching right now, not matter what the situation?
Understanding the power of personality in instructional coaching is a game-changer.
I have a love for all things literacy teaching, coaching and leading. I’ve dedicated my career to creating spaces for learning that build teacher expertise, spark intentional reflection and connect philosophy to pedagogy.
I’ve carved out a little corner of the virtual world just for instructional coaches and leaders to fuel their work and receive the same level of support and energy they provide for their teachers.
My professional passion? I've fused my love of notebooks, markers and sticky notes with digital tools and technology to innovate instructional coaching and lifelong teacher reading, writing and learning.
Why is personality so important to the effectiveness of instructional coaching?
Instructional coaching is all about relationships. Without positive connections that lead to coaching partnerships, we cannot have a lasting impact on teacher and student learning.
But, we are human.
We each have our own personalities and preferences that make working with some teachers easier than others. And rather than acknowledge and embrace that fact, we often fight it, taking many things personally:
- We might feel frustrated at the teacher who is always asking questions that make us feel our value is questioned....rather than realizing questions are how that teacher gets behind a new initiative.
- We might feel exasperated with teachers who cannot seem to follow through on particular projects....rather than understand he needs external accountability to stay focused.
- Or, we might spend HOURS planning for professional learning, right down to the party favors on the table, but feel slighted when we don't feel our efforts were as appreciated as they could have been....rather than realizing that tokens of appreciation work for some, but acts of kindness work for others.
Personality frameworks give us incredible insight into how the human mind and spirit works in different ways for different people, insight that we can bring to our coaching, making us feel more confident and competent than we ever imagined. Really.
So, what's included?
The Power of Personality in Instructional Coaching workshop includes:
1. A 2-hour live kick-off session (October 18, 2021 from 7-9pm EST) introducing the role of personality in instructional coaching and how to get started with Gretchen Rubin's Four Tendencies Framework.
2. Two one-hour on-demand sessions released weekly (October 25 and November 1) introducing the The Enneagram Framework and the Five Love Languages.
3. A private Facebook community to think through, work through and celebrate the impact personality frameworks have on our coaching.
4. A live (and recorded) one-hour Q&A finally (November 8, 2021 from 7-8 ETS) to strategically think through how to harness the power of personality in our coaching.
The entire workshop series will be housed in Facebook for easy access to the content, instant connection to others and modeling of particular coaching strategies.
When will I get access to the workshop?
What if I'm not on Facebook?
Do you accept purchase orders?
Join Stephanie's Email List!
You'll get a dose of coaching inspiration delivered straight to your Inbox every Monday morning!