I have a love for all things literacy teaching, coaching and leading. I’ve dedicated my career to creating spaces for learning that build teacher expertise, spark intentional reflection and connect philosophy to pedagogy.
I’ve carved out a little corner of the virtual world just for instructional coaches and leaders to fuel their work and receive the same level of support and energy they provide for their teachers.
My professional passion? I've fused my love of notebooks, markers and sticky notes with digital tools and technology to innovate instructional coaching and lifelong teacher reading, writing and learning.
My coaching sketchnote book has transformed my coaching life and I know it can do the same for you.
What's a coaching sketchnote book?
Just as athletic coaches create playbooks to house and organize plays for their athletes, instructional coaches can create sketchnote books to capture and curate their ideas to best support teacher learning.
These curated collections of coaching tools help you to literally design teacher learning experiences on the page so that you can better enact them in real life. But better yet, by carefully choosing, designing and curating your pages, they support our own learning, reflection and goal-setting, too!
You'll find three of my favorite coaching tools, lifted directly from my own personal coaching sketchnote book, below:
It's time to create your notebook!
Browsing my personal notebook is one thing....but creating your own will truly transform your coaching life. You'll gain clarity around your coaching role, will vision-cast the kind of coaching life you want to have and will learn how to better design teacher learning experiences by first designing them on the page. And I'm here to show you how.
The Create a Coaching Sketchnote Book Workshop is a live, interactive workshop to create your own coaching sketchnote book filled with coaching tools to launch you into deeper learning around coaching pedagogy and practice. While on-demand learning is convenient, I truly believe in the power of live, collaborative sessions to engage as readers, writers and learners together. But don't worry, each session will be recorded and immediately uploaded for on-demand viewing, too.
You’ll gain step-by-step directions for creating and designing your own unique sketchnote book to reflect your coaching context, the teachers and students you work with, the skills and dispositions you hope to cultivate and the instructional pedagogy you hope to model.
And in the process, you'll get your own coach! Throughout the sessions, you'll engage in innovative activities as a learner: engaging opening moves, innovative ways to reflect, collaborative small group activities and more, all paired with all the tools you need to inspire your own coaching.
The workshop offers five live, synchronous 1 hour sessions (with some homework challenges!) through a virtual Zoom call totaling 6 hours of professional learning credit. You'll also have immediate access to on-demand tutorials to support your notebooking journey. By the end, you'll be well on your way to creating your own coaching sketchnote book (or toolkit or playbook, depending on the language you prefer).
Here's What We'll Explore:
- What is a coaching sketchnote book?
- Why is a coaching sketchnote book so important?
- How do I create my own coaching sketchnote book?
- How do I choose the right notebook?
- What supplies do I need?
- For next time: purchase your chosen sketchnote book and supplies!
- What matters most in my coaching?
- How do I create unique sections in my notebook
- How can I use visioning role to craft the coaching role of my dreams?
- For the next time: vision-cast your coaching role and create the tabs of your notebook.
- What is sketchnoting and how does it support designing teacher learning experiences?
- What are sketchtivities and why are they so important to coaching?
- How do I create pages of my sketchnote book?
- For next time: Design a few pages to add to your notebook.
- How does a coaching sketchnote book support professional reflection?
- How can I revise a sketchnote to represent my journey as a coach?
- For next time: Try one of two of the ideas shared and revise your sketchtivity accordingly.
- How can I use my notebook to set goals and grow as an instructional leader?
Join Stephanie's Email List!
You'll get a dose of literacy inspiration each week to spark your own literate life!